Makeup Services

by Dora's Makeup

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Do as I say, not as I do....

I was just thinking about this today... I was reading through some of the devotions in my little "daily bread" that we get free at church... and I was skimming through one talking about Believing God.. it said a lot of people believe in some sort of god..but we need to believe God..
Acts 27:25
Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.
We need to believe in God and have faith.. but we also need to believe that what He says is true.. Paul says "that it shall be even as it was told me"

but anyways.. a thought popped in my head..
I nag my husband about eating sugary snacks, especially in front of the kids...
yes I said nag...he probably thinks that would be a suitable word to use..
anyways.. I try not to let Isaiah eat candy if I don't have to, I give him somthing to eat that are good for him.. and it works, and he thinks they are exciting snacks.. sometimes, on special occasions he will get candy and might taste it and then put it down half-eaten or not eaten at all.. he likes fruit, and would rather have apples, pineapple bits or bananas! I am so proud of him...
ANYWAYS! back to the subject.. one day my husband says to me... well, they will do as I say, not as I do...
in our spiritual life, is that how I am? am I so great at giving advice that
I don't have the willpower to follow myself? wow...I have had apiritual epiphany!
this prompts me to stop what I am doing and BEG God to give me willpower to do as I say, to watch what I say, to not be so judgemental to think that someone else "needs" my "golden" advice---but to pray for them instead! I need to pray more and speak less! I need to believe God when He says he hears my prayers, and let Him do His will!

No comments:

”Coupons
Current Catalog
Custom Search
Orange County Choppers (eFashion Solutions)